Germany - The German-Polish War (I) - 16 Dec 1936 to 24 Jan 1937

16 Dec 1936: The planned attacks. We have to get through the border defences first.
17 Dec 1936: We are in the headlines again!
28 Dec 1936: In the north we have captured Gdynia and Danzig. Now we push southwards.
30 Dec 1936: Poznan should soon fall.
03 Jan 1937: Research has been completed on Fuel Refining II....
....and I select Oil Processing next.
My current Research.
04 Jan 1937: It's time to commit the reserves. The Training School.
Ouch! Three of our U-Booten have been sunk. I'll add some Surface Ships to support them.
The casualties are about equal be we are winning the war.
I decide to attack towards Torun.
08 Jan 1937: I want to envelop enemy forces south of Poznan. Four divisions of Rommel's Army thrust north in the direction of Plock.
10 Jan 1937: Rommel's attack was successful. We may soon link up with Armee Ostpreussen and that would encircle ca. a dozen Polish divisions which then couldn't defend Warsaw.
13 Jan 1937: The Reserves are doing well.
15 Jan 1937: We have painful equipment shortages.
Our Armies have linked up at Torun.
In the south we are finally making progress north of Kattowice and Kraków.
16 Jan 1937: We have completed Research on Inter-War Artillery....
....and I select Concentrated Industry II next.
Rheinmetall has received the Trait Mobile Limbers.
18 Jan 1937: The War Summary is almost unchanged. We both have about double the casualties than earlier.
19 Jan 1937: It looks confused but we still are in control.
20 Jan 1937: I order a push towards Warsaw.
21 Jan 1937: Good news in the South. Kraków has fallen.
24 Jan 1937: I attack Warsaw from the North with units from Armee Ostpreussen.
I could be happier but the main thing is that we are winning and still have the initiative. 

Comments