England - Russia Near Defeat and Italy - 20 Sep to 03 Oct 1941

20 Sep 1941: The newly-deployed 63rd and 67th Infantry Divisions are placed in training.
The Soviets are now 77% towards capitulation.
The attack on Tobruk failed....
....so I try a different approach.
21 Sep 1941: Research has been completed on Assembly Line Production.... 
....and I select Construction IV next.
24 Sep 1941: We have gained some ground but a few of our divisions have been surrounded.
29 Sep 1941: Attempts to free them are getting nowhere. Also we have completed researching Improved Rubber Processing....
....and I select Excavation I next.
My current Research projects.
We have lost a couple of Merchants again.
In the Baltic Sea we have a very minor victory.
Another Japanese Merchant has been sunk.
30 Sep 1941: We gladly accept Lend Lease from Canada.
The 68th Infantry Division has been deployed then placed in training.
The trained Malaysian 10th and 12th Infantry Bigades are returned to Army Far East.
02 Oct 1941: East of Firenze in Italy I try to break through the Italian defences.
I send reinforcements to support the attack.
In Southern Russia their defences are so weak I order a broad front assault to capture Stalingrad. Their new capital.
I send the 2nd Armoured Division to support their right flank.
03 Oct 1941: Our allies have captured Rostov from the south after advancing through the Crimean Peninsula. I launch a thrust to capture Vorovshilovgrad.
R.I.P. 'Chase'.
The Soviets are now 83% towards capitulation.
Note that 50% is not much higher than 41%. The fall of Stalingrad could tip the scales. 

Comments