USA - The Battle Of Kaunus - 30 Jan to 11 Feb 1946

30 Jan 1946: 1st Armoured Army opens the battle to capture Kaunus.
01 Feb 1946: Even with 34 divisions it will take over a week.
02 Feb 1946: So Burma is next on their list.
03 Feb 1946: Burma will regret that one day....
....and I didn't know that China was at war with Mongolia.
04 Feb 1946: I'll just ignore that.
There are two States here so I need to engage the other group of divisions to prevent them retreating into Marijampole.
06 Feb 1946: Half of Kaunus has fallen - now for the other half.
08 Feb 1946: The defenders are trying to break out to the SW but an Armoured Division is blocking them.
09 Feb 1946: We are keeping up the pressure.
10 Feb 1946: The end is near.
Kaunus has fallen.
There are 15 divisions from 3 Armies at Palagus port. I assign them all to 10th Army.
I order all of 1st Armoured Division to assemble South of Wilno.
Likewise I order 7th Army to assemble North of Wilno. However 3 divisions are already South of Wilno so I reassign them to 1st Armoured Army.
11 Feb 1946: The plans for the 2 Armies.
I order the new 10th Army to join 7th Army North of Wilno.
Nine units from 18th Airborne Corps are in transit near Antwerp, Belgium. I assign them to 10th Army.
A minor Victory....
....and a minor Defeat.
I import more Chromium from Great Britain....
....and cancel the Aluminium from Hungary.
The Battle of Wilno is approaching and I shall attack eastwards from both sides of the city and will hopefully encircle the defenders. 

Comments