Germany - Advancing Further Eastwards - 12 Oct to 13 Nov 1941

12 Oct 1941: Again I want to encircle enemy divisions by linking up at Vologda.
24 Oct 1941: Better late than never. I can't use it now though.
25 Oct 1941: I want to engage that division E. of Vologda. I don't want it to disturb my advance.
A very long-range thrust.
I order the 4. SS-Division to capture Kargopol. We can then think about supporting Armee Lapland.
Now that looks a lot better. The Soviets have passed 2 million casualties.
Mopping up in the Caucasus. There are a couple of airfields we need to occupy.
28 Oct 1941: We also need to capture Tbilisi.
Astrakhan is also worth a few VP's.
I need to advance behind the Urals.
Let's hope that works.
29 Oct 1941: Rommel's Armee Nord is like a juggernaut.
31 Oct 1941: Crushing everything in its way.
Guderian's I. Panzerarmee is supporting the advance.
04 Nov 1941: I still have plentiful aircraft and enough Panzer IV's.
06 Nov 1941: This division needs a rest. Its Organization is at 2 therefore cannot engage in combat.
08 Nov 1941: Good for them.
09 Nov 1941: I want to exploit the holes in the Soviet defences.
11 Nov 1941: Research has been completed on Engineer Company II....
....and I select Engineer Company III next.
We have captured Kazan and are about to capture the airfield at Kubishev. The Luftwaffe can use it afterwards.
13 Nov 1941: Good. We have also captured Yoshkar-Ola.
We are almost at the Ural Mountains. These units are now about 3,500 km from Berlin. 

Comments