Germany - Countdown to Operation Barbarossa (I) - 11 Mar to 23 Mar 1941

11 Mar 1941: I need to have my Fallschirmjäger nearer to the border so I order the 1. and 2. Fallschirmjäger-Divisionen to Bialystok....
....then order the LLG 1 to Bialystok.
I order the LG Greifswald to Kraków.
12 Mar 1941: I order the 3. and 4. Fallschirmjäger-Divisionen to the Airfield S. of Kraków.
The trained 15. Panzer-Division is assigned to 1. SS Panzerarmee.
I give Armee Nord 2 an Operational Objective.
16 Mar 1941: I disband a Kampfgeschwader so that its aircraft can be assigned to other KG's.
I assign a Jagdgeschwader and a Stukageschwader to Direct Support of 4. Armee.
I do the same for Armee Süd which is on 4. Armee's left flank.
22 Mar 1941: In Ostpreussen 2 Geschwader are assigned the Anti-Ship Mission over the Lower Baltic Sea while a Jagdgeschwader provides air cover.
I assign 6 Sturm-Divisionen to Armee Lapland....
....then I reassign 18. Panzer-Division to II. Panzerarmee. I don't believe that I can supply a Panzer-Division in the Arctic.
23 Mar 1941: I deploy the final two Panzer-Divisionen early and place them in training.
All's quiet on the Hellas Front.
I select the upgrade Machine-Assisted Decryption (II) for the Abwehr.
In Libya the British have captured Tobruk while is no progress in Western Libya.
There's not much left of Mussolini's East Afrika.
Four more weeks to go! 

Comments