Germany - We Send An Expedition Force to Hellas - 02 Sep to 26 Sep 1940

02 Sep 1940: Research has been completed on Improved Air Launched Torpedoes....
....and I select Survivability Studies from Heinkel next. Good for next-generation aircraft.
My current Research projects. 
12 Sep 1940: Now that could be the Soviets demanding Bessarabia (or Eastern Poland).
What is going on? They want to grab Manchuria while Japan is busy elsewhere?
Italy looks strong versus Greece and Japan is winning against China but in the 1st line the Soviets are lagging behind the Japanese. (Look at the flags not the names.)
So I can send 3 divisions to help the Greeks. Better than nothing. If Italy is battling Greece a normal leader wouldn't open a new conflict but what is normal about Mussolini?
I create an 'Army' using 3 Gebirgs-Divisionen and put General Schulz, an Infantry Officer, in command.
I add two Geschwader....
....then dispatch it to Greece.
13 Sep 1940: Our volunteers are on their way. I can only get them back when Greece has either won the war or Italy has won. They also return if I go to war and I don't want that yet. I could declare war on Italy and grab the industrial north plus Mediterranean and Adriatic ports but I am saving the Wehrmacht for the Soviets.
16 Sep 1940: Wow! The Greek's left flank has pushed the Italians back into Albania..
17 Sep 1940: The 15. and 18. Panzer-Divisionen have been deployed and are placed in training.
I'm now recruiting Panzer-Division40's.
26 Sep 1940 : Our Expedition Force has arrived in Greece.
I change its colour....
....then order it to the front.
The 934. Infanterie-Division (mot.) has arrived and is placed in training.
Now it must be obvious to western powers that Germany is not supporting Mussolini. He is very alone. 

Comments