UK - Civil Wars in Germany and Spain - 24 Jun to 29 Jul 1936

24 Jun 1936: The Focus Steady As She Goes has been completed.
I now select General Alexander as a Military Theorist....
....and The Shadow Scheme as my next Focus.
27 Jun 1936: Three Aircraft Carriers are now fully-trained and I assign them to the Reserve Fleet.
I transfer 6 County Class Cruisers from Reserve Fleet to Training Fleet.
01 Jul 1936: Five Overseas units are returned to Mediterranean Army....
...and 3 more to African Army....
....as well as 3 to Asian Army.
We have a large deficit of Infantry Equipment and Support Equipment. That's why I'm not recruiting new divisions at the moment.
Good. A Military Factory is now being constructed.
08 Jul 1936: The Nazis have gained ground in Western Germany but have lost East Prussia.
12 Jul 1936: The WWI Commander General vom Mackensen heads the Militärregierung (Military Government) in Germany.
13 Jul 1936: Von Mackensen's forces are winning the war by a slight margin.
17 Jul 1936: A Civil War has started in Spain - the brown areas are controlled by the Nationalists.
20 Jul 1936: Germany and Italy have sent forces to help the Nationalists. I can't help because the UK is a Democracy.
The 6 County Class Cruisers and HMs Apollo are assigned to the Reserve Fleet....
....while 6 Capital Ships incl. 2 Battleships are sent to the Training Fleet.
23 Jul 1936: The situation in Germany is unchanged.
26 Jul 1936: Construction I has been researched....
....and I select Basic Medium Tank Chassis next.
29 Jul 1936: Austria, Hungary and Italy appear to be working together. It might well be a counter to German expansion but it also creates problems for my Mediterranean strategy.
I order Pilot Exercises for the 4th RAF Squadron.
The Fronts are being formed in Europe and the UK is being left on the outside. 

Comments