Germany - The Estonia-Lithuania Conflict - 20 Sep to 22 Nov 1940

Like I said in the previous post I shall not be joining this war. Estonia is now at war with 5 nations but the good news is that three of them have already capitulated. Hungary has joined Estonia and I shall support them with Lend Lease. Isn't Germany still the Faktionsführer?

20 Sep 1940: The Armeeschule is full so I add the newly deployed 294. Sturm-Division to 5th Army which is also undergoing training.
A lot of the battles are 'green' which is a good sign.
24 Sep 1940: Let's see how long it lasts.
Estonia hasn't broken through the defences yet but it looks promising.
Finally, I have enough Equipment to recruit my Fallschirmjäger-Divisionen.
My first Lend Lease package. All of it is aircraft because they have adequate ground forces.
They are accepted.
26 Sep 1940: The Abwehr is upgraded with Anti-Partisan (2).
01 Oct 1940: Estonia has breached the Lithuanian defences in the centre and in the east.
07 Oct 1940: Except in the west Estonian forces are advancing on a broad front and are nearing Kaunas.
I mport more Tungsten this time from Spain.
10 Oct 1940: I plan the upgrade of the Estonian Railways as well as their two ports.
I deploy a second Stuka Wing to Estonia.
15 Oct 1940: Not much change in the last 5 days but two attacks look as if they'll prevail.
I add 5x2 Dockyards to my Construction schedule then move some forward.
22 Oct 1940: I place the 1. Bretonian Gebirgs-Division in training.
23 Oct 1940: Hungarian forces have captured Ukmerge north of Kaunas - the capital itself is now being attacked.
27 Oct 1940: Finally a breakthough in the west and the attack on Kaunas, which is defended by only 1 division, is gaining momentum.
28 Oct 1940: Research has been completed on Anti-Air Upgrade....
....and I select 2 cm Flakvierling 38 next, i.e. the Quad 20 mm.
My current research.
I send more aircraft to Estonia via Lend Lease and they accept.
29 Oct 1940: Kaunas has fallen and Memel is the new capital.
02 Nov 1940: More Estonian advances on both flanks.
03 Nov 1940: Good, the conflict is not affecting the Resistance levels in France/Belgium.
06 Nov 1940: It is not looking good for Lithuania.
Hungary's Diplomacy ledger....
....and that of Estonia. They look very similar.
09 Nov 1940: There isn't much Lithuanian territory left to defend.
17 Nov 1940: I reject it immediately.
21 Nov 1940: Lihuania must be near to capitulation now.
22 Nov 1940: Capitulation. Hopefully they have captured a lot of equipment.
The war dragged on for 2 months but at least I don't need to worry about the Baltic states when I invade Russia next year. Congratulations to our Estonian and Hungarian brothers.

Comments