Germany - Protecting the Expanded Reich - 23 Jun to 27 Jun 1943

23 Jun 1943: I expand Reservearmee's home to include Istria so that there is a 2nd Port available.
I invest in a new Building Slot in Tyrol.
I create an new Army using 3 Reserve-Divisionen from 1st Army....
....then rename it Armee NWA (North West Afrika) and appoint General von Kleist as its commander.
Its mission is to garrison Spanish Africa.
I also create 2 Geschwader there.
I now do the same for German Ostafrika but 8 Reserve-Divisionen are required. They are assigned to Armee Ostafrika.
I create 2 Geschwader in Eritrea.
The Italian islands need more support so I transfer 200 aircraft from Piedmont to Sardinia....
Two more Geschwader in Piedmont need to be trained....
....as do the two new squadrons on Sardinia.
I transfer 2 Geschwader from Lower Austria to Sicily....
....while 2 further Geschwader at Lower Austria need further training.
25 Jun 1943: The aircraft have arrived at their destinations and I see a problem in Campania.
Two many aircraft so I transfer 6. Kampfgeschwader (96 Ju 88 A's) to Sicily.
27 Jun 1943: Research has completed on the Sonderkraftfahrzeug 231 8-Rad ....
....and I select the newer model Sonderkraftfahrzeug 234 "Puma" next.
My current Research projects with nothing due for a while.
I cancel Tungsten imports from the British Empire.
My Panzerjäger KG's become Panzergrenadier-Brigaden and they include an extra battalion of Motorized Infantry.
Four Sturm-Divisionen from 2nd Army need further training....
....and I convert all 24 divisions of 3rd Army to the Sturm-Division standard.
Quite a lot was accomplished in these few days. Why am I sending Reserve-Divisionen to Africa? Well I'm not actually because when they arrive at their destinations they'll be upgraded to Sturm-Divisionen. 

Comments