Germany - The War Against Italy (I) - 09 Mar to 04 Apr 1943

09 Mar 1943: We have 9 days left for final preparations.
12 Mar 1943: I assign Air Support to 2. and 3. Panzerarmeen.
I assign the 9. and 11. Jagdschwadronen to Air Superiority over the Alpine Region.
14 Apr 1943: I order Atlantik TF 2 to patrol the English Channel.
17 Apr 1943: I also order the Luftwaffe to perform Air Superiority and Ant-Ship missions in the Bay of Biscay.
Four more Geschwader based in Alsace-Lorraine are also commited to the Alpine Region....
....as are 2 more from Oberbayern.
18 Mar 1943: Italy declares war and now I'm looking over my shoulder to see who joins them.
19 Mar 1943: Hungary won't let me join their war so they are on their own. Good luck!
23 Mar 1943: The Hungarians have penetrated the Italian defences E. of Novi Sad.
29 Mar 1943: Estonia invites Germany to join the war and the only opponent is Italy. I accept of course.
The Volunteers, 7th Army, in China can finally return home.
I order 8th Army to attack towards Banja Luka.
30 Mar 1943: The Focus Alliance with Italy has been bypassed.
31 Mar 1943: I activate my Armies in the Balkans and Italy and the campaign begins.
I agree to a non-aggression pact with Japan. I don't have to worry about my Russian Front anymore. Also, the Allies can take care of them.
Good. Italy is still the only opponent.
01 Apr 1943: Bad news. Italy has gained Air Superiority over the Alpine Region.
I need more Fighters so I commit 200 Fw 190 A based in Niederschlesien....
....and 192 more from Rhineland.
02 Apr 1943: Problem fixed.
04 Apr 1943: I allow Luxembourg to join the war although they have no divisions. In NE Italy we have broken through to the Adriatic Sea thus splittin their armed forces in two.
Whatever Italy was hoping for hasn't materialized yet but it is early days.

Comments