Germany - Mussolini Madness Looms - 28 Feb to 08 Mar 1943

28 Feb 1943: I would like a bit more Atlantic coastline available to my Fleet.
I thought they were Fascist, but alas.
I only want one fleet not two.
I transfer 2 U-Boots to German Reich TF 3.
That looks better.
I renamed the German Reich TF.
01 Mar 1943: Good. We've received permission.
I add 4x3 Military Factories to the Construction queue.
I have loads of Infantry Equipment stockpiled but very little of it is modern.
The Supply situation in the southern Reich. The units stationed there have a large appetite.
I start recruiting 6 Gebirgs-Divisionen.
03 Mar 1943: A list of the Fascist nations in Europe.
Now what is Mad Mussolini planning???
04 Mar 1943: I create 9th Army and assign it to Hungary's southern border with Italian Yugoslavia.
I transfer a Stuka- and a Jagdgeschwader from Lower Austria to Northern Hungary.
I transfer 4 more Geschwader from Lwów to Northern Hungary.
Next I assign a Stuka- and a Jagdgeschwader to 9th Army for direct support.
08 Mar 1943: I create Army Group 1 with 9th and 4th Armies and place it under the command of Field Marshall Walter Model....
....then plan its operation.
I assign 2 Geschwader to 4th Army.
Finally 2 more Geschwader are assigned to the Western Balkans Air Region. More can be added later if required.
I also draw up plans for the 3 Armies assigned to the Alpine Region.
I have no idea what the Italians are planning here. They may be hoping that the Allies enter the war on their side. 

Comments