Russia - Minesweepers and More Reorganization - 19 Dec to 28 Dec 1942

19 Dec 1942: We have a lot of old Destroyers and I want to give them a new lease of life as new Minesweepers. The Bug Class, for eample. They are Minelayers at the moment and have 2 sets of Minelaying.Rails.
I upgrade the engine to Engine III....
....then replace 1 of the Minelaying Rails with Minesweeping Gear and the second with a Torpedo Launcher..
I add Anti-Air III and Sonar II.
Finished and they are fast!
In the Baltic Fleet there are 8 Orfey Class Destroyers and I plan to Refit all of them.
Madagascar and neighboring former French islands are not garrisoned so I assign this missiom to 1st Army comprised of Mongolian Divisions.
In Eritrea the 50th Rifle Division needs further training.
21 Dec 1942: Back at home I order Army Reserve to Odessa.
25 Dec 1942: I order Army Romania to Cetatea Alba in Bessarabia.
....then I order Army Reserve to the Pinsk Region.
26 Dec 1942: Army Siberia becomes Army Piemonte and I order that it be diverted to Genoa.
I disband Army Group North....
....then promote General Konev to a Field Marshall.
27 Dec 1942: Three Destroyers of the Arctic Submarine Fleet are transferred to the Baltic Fleet.
The 3rd line of Destroyer production now delivers to the Black Sea Fleet which is currently on duty in the Far East.
28 Dec 1942: Maybe Bulgaria wants to produce something under licence.
To simplify their considerations I cancelled the monthly Lend Lease of Artillery to them.
We are getting things done at peace. 

Comments