Russia - Japan Then France Declare War on Russia - 16 Feb to 24 Feb 1941

16 Feb 1941: I select the Event Improved Worker Conditions which improves Stability....
....but Political Paranoia is way too high.
18 Feb 1941: The Japanese have declare War on us. They are allied with France and Germany.
I call Mongolia into the war while Yugoslavia and Tannu Tuva join in too. Japan hasn't called in Manchukuo so my hands are tied in Far East.
I return the DVVO Mechanized Division to Army Far East. I recently sent 2 Armies back to Europe and Southern Asia. Dumb idea to trust the Japanese. 
19 Feb 1941: Great, now France has joined the war!
I request that Soviet Italy joins us.
I plan an offensive into SE France using the Alpine Army....
....and request 24 Divisions from Italy and receive them.
20 Feb 1941: I transfer 8 of these Divisions to Alpine Army....
....and I create Army Italian with the remaining 16 Divisions and send it to the German border.
I transfer 2 Fighter Air Wings to Piemonte and place them in Interception mode over Southern France.
21 Feb 1941: Manchukuo has now been called into the war.
I only see 2 enemy divisions at the frontline so I'm not overly worrird there.
I order Army Centre to the Far East again....
....and order Army Far East to invade Manchukuo.
22 Feb 1941: I accept the Turkish offer to send 9 divisions as volunteers.
War Support is at 100% (top-left) which is excellent.
24 Feb 1941: Good riddance, Gorshkov.
Fantastic! We now have the finished the Research on Engines III. I can now create modern Combat Aircraft.
Other good news is that Germany has not joined the war, yet. The USA is also on our side.

Comments