USA - Reorganizing the 1940 Destroyers - 20 Feb to 23 Feb 1944

20 Feb 1944: I want to organize the three 1940 Destroyer designs. In the Scouting Force there are 4 Torpedo Destroyers which I assign to a Reserve Fleet.
I'm not sure that worked so let's try splitting off the 4 Destroyers to a Reserve Fleet.
That worked so I transfer Torpedo Destroyers in Destroyer Flotilla 2 to US TF 2.
I split off 5 x 1940 Destroyers from Destroyer Flotilla 2 into a Reserve Fleet. (US TF 3.)
I split off 2 1940 Destroyers from 1940 Scouting Force to 1940 Destroyer Squadron.
I transfer USS Curlew, a Torpedo Destroyer, to US TF 3 in Sulawesi.
23 Feb 1944: I order Carrier Division, Battle Force to Hawaii.
I order the trained USS Los Angeles to Cruiser Division 3 currently on hold at he Lesser Sunda Islands....
....and the trained USS Buck and USS Morris, 1940 Destroyers, to US TF 3.
Also USS Woodcock, a Torpedo Destroyer, to the Destroyer Squadron docked im Hawaii.
I assign USS Hughes to AA Destroyer Squadron 1 docked in Brittany.
I also assign 8 trained Submarines to 2nd Submarine Squadron.
USS Arizona and USS Drayton requre further training.
I order Destroyer Squadron 12, currently patrolling in the Caribbean Sea, back to port. 
I just realized that the US Navy has 411 active ships. That will take a lot of organizing.

Comments