USA - The Naval Bomber BTD Destroyer - 08 Jan to 13 Jan 1944

08 Jan 1944: Sad. Unfortunately I need two operatives (which I have) but one has been captured.
Research has been completed on Improved Anti-Air Upgrade II.
Atlantic Corps on its way to The Azores and Madeira.
My next Research project is Hull Carrier 1944 from Newport News Shipbuilding.
My current Research projects.
11 Jan 1944: The trained 100th 'Century' Division is assigned to Home Army.
The 97th 'Trident' Division is ordered to San Diego.
13 Jan 1944: Eight Infantry Divisions of 2nd Army are assigned to 1st Armoured Army....
....and ordered to Los Angeles.
The Destroyers USS Sampson and USS Batfish are transferred to Anti-Air Destroyer Squadron from US TF 2....
....while the remaining 3 Destroyers are transferred to Scouting Force.
USS Lapwing is assigned to Scouting Force.
I need a Naval Bomber so I begin with the Advanced Carrier Airframe.
It requires Engine III, Torpedo Fittings (Pic missing) and 4 x Heavy Machineguns.
I change the MIO to Grumman.
I add Radio Navigation II, Self-Sealing Tanks and Armour Plates.
That gives the BTD Destroyer Naval Bomber.
IRL 26 BTD-1's were built. This design eventually lead to the Douglas A-1 Skyraider. 

Comments