USA - The Fall of Thessaloniki - 04 Jun to 05 Aug 1945

04 Jun 1945: I begin the drive on Thessaloniki. We are attacking with 38 divisions of which 8 are Armoured Divisions.
07 Jun 1945: Research has been completed on Fuel Refining IV so we should be good on Fuel for a long time.
28 Jun 1945: That is good news because because Sweden was a Major player. (I appear to have been so busy that I forgot to take screenshots.)
05 Jul 1945: We have also completed researching Advanced Light Tank Chassis. Finally a replacement is available for the good old Panzer II's. There are now only 2 divisions between us and Thessaloniki.
12 Jul 1945: The breakthough is imminent. The enemy divisions in Skopje are still being pinned down by allies.
13 Jul 1945: We have also completed Research on Improved Infantry Equipment III.
21 Jul 1945: We are now at the gates of Thessaloniki and Patton's Armoured Divisions are ready to go.
23 Jul 1945: Disgusting it is. Only 3 enemy divisions remain in the port.
27 Jul 1945: Thessaloniki has fallen and enemy supply in the region has now been cut off. Five of our Armoured Divisions are attacking eastwards.
28 Jul 1945: The US Marine Corps and elements of 7th Army have joined the battle to capture Skopje.
02 Aug 1945: We are now attacking the enemy SE of Skopje using up their limited Supply.
03 Aug 1945: The Senate is doing something useful for a change. Also the Focus Convoy Tactics has been completed....
....and I select Intervention in Asia next.
05 Aug 1945: Research has also been completed on Construction IV. Ignore the message - I'm not trying to move them to Maryland.
I'm sending 3 more Armoured Divisions to support our attack. I want to end all resistance in Macedonia as soon as possible.
The 20th 'Sierra Nevada' Division has arrived and I send it to Training Army East.
I create General Brooke's 10th Army from available divisions.
The Electric Boat Company receives the Trait Experimental Anechoic Tiles....
....while Springfield Armoury receives Mass Rifle Production.
Time to catch up ony my Research. I select Excavation III and Excavation IV.
I also select Construction V.
My current Research projects.
I add Fuel Silos, Dockyards and Miliary Factories to the Construction queue.
Back in Hellas and the enemy is still holding their positions.
The offensive continues in the next post. 

Comments