Germany - Post-Conflict Russia and a New U-Boot - 01 Jul to 08 Jul 1941

01 Jul 1941: Now that is not friendly! What have we done wrong? (This is the first campaign in which I have been embargoed.) We have no imports from the USA anyway so why are Cuba and the USA embargoing nations which they don't export to.
The Russian Federation is not at all friendly to Germany.
That icon top-centre means that we have units in a country where we have no access rights, i.e. Japan - the huge white expanse. I need to get them to friendly territory as soon as possible. The blue and pink patches inside 'Japanese' Russia are French and British zones. My divisions have to avoid them or we shall be stranded with them.
I'm ensuring that all my divisions have a safe route to friendly territory
Kuybyshev is the capital of this state so I send a couple of divisions to protect it.
02 Jul 1941: The new territories have a lot of resources so I can reduce my imports. For example, Rubber from British Malaya....
....Tungsten from Portugal....
....and Chromium from Yugoslavia.
That looks much better.
Now we can continue upgrading the Abwehr. I begin with Machine-Assisted Decryption (1).
The 1940 Submarine Hull comes bare-bones....
....so I create the Type XX Class by adding a more powerful Engine, 3 x Torpedo Tubes and a Snorkel.
I then add it to the Production list. (Further down the list.)
06 Jul 1941: I import more Rubber from France.
08 Jul 1941: Now that is interesting. If I send Volunteers to Finland I could attack Japan from their territory without being at war with Japan.
The Post-Conflict problems haven't finished by far yet. Most of my Armies are in the wrong place and many divisions need more traing.. 

Comments