UK - Operations in the Mariana Islands and China - 26 May to 07 Jun 1941

26 May 1941: A combination of mopping up and expanding the bridgehead over the Yangtze River.
I cancel imports of Aluminium from Yugoslavia.
At home I add 3 x 2 Dockyards to my Construction queue.
Resitance levels at Madeira and The Azores are lower.
27 May 1941: The Japanese frontline is hopelessly undermanned. I want to roll-up the Japanese positions north and west of the Yangtze.
I prepare an Amphiious Assault on Marcus Island and a second Assault on an atoll WNW of Kwajalein which can't happen unti the first has been completed or abandoned.
I activate the first assault and give 4th Submarine Flotilla the Naval Invasion Support mission.
28 May 1941: Three Japanese Merchants are sunk by 4th Submarine Flotilla near Iwo Jima.
29 May 1941: I add a 4th Military Factory to Hawker Typhoon production.
Japanese Torpedo Bombers attack our Flotilla and two are shot down.
The 2nd and 4th Armoured Divisions are assigned to 4th Army.
Asian Army needs to cover the border with Thailand better.
31 May 1941: We sink another Japanese Merchant near Iwo Juma....
....and we lose a Submarine near Kwajalein.
01 Jun 1941: The USA is excelling in inactiviy.
04 Jun 1941: Another Japanese Merchant is sunk by 8th Submarine Flotilla....
....and 4th Submarine Flotilla loses a Submarine.
If captured the Air Base will be British and hopfully my Lancasters can reach Japan.
06 Jun 1941: Marcus Island has been captured - there were no defenders.
07 Jun 1941: I initiate the second Assault and I will hopefully capture a second Airfeld.
The capture of Marcus Island is important because i want to gve forward Air Support using land-based aircraft. 

Comments