UK - The End of the Spanish Campaign - 20 Mar to 07 Apr 1939

20 Mar 1939: I activate the attack on the Spanish Republic. I attack Sevilla with 48th Infantry Division coming from Gibraltar.
23 Mar 1939: Research has been completed on the Bristol Blenheim Heavy Fighter. I won't be building this useless aircraft....
....but the Bristol Beaufighter is a different matter.
25 Mar 1939: The advance along the coast is doing fine where as inland there is good defensive terrain.
26 Mar 1939: Spain is 56% towards capitulation. It will capitulate when it's 5% or less - normally it is 20%.
30 Mar 1939: We now have 4 divisions attacking Sevilla. Cordoba has fallen to our advancing forces.
31 Mar 1939: We have 6 units attacking one division and it'll take 47 days! This will be fun.
02 Apr 1939: We have compleed researching Paratroopers I.
We accept a Lend Lease offer from the USA. We are short on Artillery.
I place the newly deployed 59th Assault (Staffordshire) Division in training.
I decide to research the Sten MkII next.
Spain is now 92% towards capitulation.
Sevilla has been captured and the new capital is Ciudad Real, south of Madrid.
04 Apr 1939: Reearch has been completed on Computing Machine....
....and I select Improved Fire Control System next.
My current Research projects. Note the Spanish forces have disappeared from the map.
Spain has capitulted and we have captured everything.
05 April 1939: Wonderful timing, guys.
07 Apr 1939: We appear to have a new Mussolini in Italy.
Well done Lithuania! At least somebody in Europe stands up to the Germans.
My mission in Iberia appears to be over. Time to move on.

Comments