UK - Global Reorganization (I) - 26 Mar to 05 Apr 1942

During three years of war the British Armed Forces were not well organized. They were often hurriedly sent to places all round the world without any planning. Now that war is over it is time to organie things.

26 Mar 1942: I select the 5 Armoured Divisions and create the Royal Arnoured Corps.
I select the 5 Armoured Divisions in 3rd Army and transfer them to the Royal Armoured Corps.
Finally I transfer the 10th Armoured Division from 5th Army to the Royal Armoured. I believe that I have now all my Armoured Divisions on one Army.
27 Mar 1942: All the divisions should now be moving to the Greek border.
29 Mar 1942: Only these islands have Resistance to British control so 1st Army is only garrisoning these ones.
I ship the Hong Kong Division back to Hong Kong.
I order India Army to Dalian (Port Arthur).
I transfer the two remaining divisions of 5th Army to the Royal Armoured Corps.
I assign the NZ Central Military District to the ANZAC Army.
02 Apr 1942: The Poles have now cancelled their Lend Lease to us.
03 Apr 1942: I transfer 3 'Colonial' division from 4th Army to Asian Army.
I order 4th Army to Kota Bharu - a port in northern Malaysia.
I transfer 7 Assault Divisions from 1st Army to 4th Army.
At Iwo Jima I merge 4 Squadrons of 50 aircraft to 2 Squadrons of 100 aircraft.
I create 3 new Squadrons at the Solomon Islands.
05 Apr 1942: I also create 2 new Squadrons at Singapore.
I transfer 1st and 3rd RAF Squadrons from China to Burma.
Things are looking better but there is much more to be done.

Comments