Turkey - The Ottoman-Romanian War - 15 May to 14 Jun 1919

15 May 1919: Finally the Italian ciphers have been decrypted.
Why not? I'm not going to invade them anyway.
22 May 1919: We have plenty of equipment stockpiled.
Unfortunately we don't have all the infrastructure I would like but we don't have far to travel.
23 May 1919: Research has been completed on Oil Worker Training.
I select Defensive Bunker I next. We can build Land Forts with this technology.
26 May 1919: I still have three expert divisions in East Africa which I need to replace with the 2nd batch of Garrison Divisions.
I put the OE Battle Fleet on Naval Invasion Support.
29 May 1919: My War Goal Justification has arrived but I have to wait a couple of days for my Naval Invasion plans to be ready.
30 May 1919: The Focus Armament Effort III has completed....
....and I add the new MF to Armoured Car Production.
My next Focus is Equipment Effort II.
31 May 1919: The Empire declares war on Romania and they are all alone.
I'm not calling any allies to help.
I launch the offensive along the entire front to prevent Romanian forces relocating.
02 Jun 1919: The attack along the coast is progressing as planned.
04 Jun 1919: The Armoured Corps has stormed ashore and is racing to capture cities with Victory Points including Bucharest.
05 Jun 1919: That single Romanian Division doesn't appear to be receiving any reinforcements. We have captured the entire coastline.
Our casualties are acceptable. After all we are attacking over a large river - the Danube!
The Romanian Navy - I see only one warship.
06 Jun 1919: I've disengaged the 1st and 3rd Heavy Tank Brigades to support our spearhead.
10 Jun 1919: Their Navy has been sunk.
12 Jun 1919: Bucharest is now under attack from 3 directions.
13 Jun 1919: It's Game Over for Romania.
14 Jun 1919: Now it's official and we have captured huge amounts of equipment. 
I annex all states except Moldova....
....which is puppeted.
Wow! Look at all that equipment.
The Treaty of Bessarabia. 
The use of Armour and Air Power won the war. The Germans have coined the term Blitzkrieg. The days of Trench Warfare like in the Great War are history. 

Comments