Turkey - A New Front - 24 Apr to 19 May 1920

24 Apr 1920: Obviously attacking across a 'bridge' isn't very efficient but luckily we have a second spearhead approaching.
25 Apr 1920: We are finally meeting determined Japanese resistance.
27 Apr 1920; We're making progress. Notice that the Chinese are just watching again.
01 May 1920: We are slowly wearing down the Osaka defenders. Also the technology for Submarine IV has finished research....
....and I select Blood Transfusion Kit next.
03May 1920: Osaka is now being attacked from two directions and the Air Doctrine Turn Fighting has arrived.
I choose to continue Air Doctrine research and select Quick Bombing. Three puppet nations want join the war again and I refuse.
06 May 1920: Now all four Heavy Tank Brigades are attacking Osaka and I hope their breakthrough bonus will carry the day.
11 May 1920: Meanwhile in the west I start an amphibious assault to capture Rostov and open a new front east of Ukraine. Obviously I planned this earlier. Three divisions are involved therefore 21 days ago. The research on Military Police II has been completed.
Next I select to research Engineer Company III.
I also need more Aluminium so I import it from Germany.
12 May 1920: A bit daring going for Stalingrad but we appear to have caught the Soviets by surprise.
15 May 1920: The Focus Doctrine Effort has been completed....
....and I select Submarine Effort next.
16 May 1920: Osaka is still holding on but we have bypassed the city and are storming forward towards Tokyo. The UK and USA cancel their Lend Lease.
Progress on the Soviet Front too. We have captured the port of Rostov and 8 divisions are on their way to reinforce our beachhead.
I also recombine 6th Army with 2nd Army so now the divisions in Rostov will be reinforced with 16 divisions.
17 May 1920: The Soviets are now 26% towards capitulation and the Japanese 57%.
The Rostov Front.
19 May 1920: We are nearing Tokyo but Osaka is holding up 13 of my divisions. The new Japanese divisions in the north have obviously been deployed early and can be considered cannon-fodder.
Fighting on two fronts so far apart from each other isn't easy. It's a waste of time sending reinforcements from Turkey because they would take almost 2 months to arrive in theatre. Luckily we have allied support on land and at sea.

Comments