USA - The Essex Class Aircraft Carrier - 14 Dec to 23 Dec 1940

14 Dec 1940: I activate the 2 amphibious assaults on Celebes Island 
I also order the 36th 'Texas' to advance through the Lesser Sunda Islands.
15 Dec 1940: The 41st and 81st Philippine Divisions join the 36th Division.
17 Dec 1940: Newport News Shipbuilding receives the Trait Splinter Protection.
Now I design the Essex Class Aircraft Carrier. The Engines III is already the most powerful engine.
I add Cruiser Armour IV and Secondary Armament II....
....as well as Anti-Air III.
Then I add 2 x Open Hanger Deck....
....and a 2nd Anti-Air III Battery.
Finally I add a 3rd Open Hanger Deck and Flight Deck Armour. We'll be spending a lot of time in European waters and that means a lot of land-based Bombers.
The Essex Class Carrier can field a 60 plane Air Wing.
Its MIO is Newport News Shipbuilding.
I take Dockyards from Destroyer production.
I import more Chromium from Cuba.
19 Dec 1940: At least they didn't join the Axis. Japan can handle them.
21 Dec 1940: Our 2 divisions have landed on Celebes - the ports are undefended.
22 Dec 1940: Now Adolf really has lost it.
23 Dec 1940: We have a lot of Senators.
Switzerland wants to join us not the French Alliance so I invite them....
....and they accept.
Now we have a common frontline from France through Switzerland to  Italy. Maybe we can coordinate our defences better. Germany is now at war with the three nations just mentioned plus Greece and Russia. Not to mention the good old US of A. 

Comments