USA - Southwest Pacific and Home Front - 18 Nov to 24 Nov 1941

13 Nov 1941: So now Ireland joins the Allies! I detached the USS Yorktown so that the other 6 Aircraft Carriers can patrol in Eastern Micronesia.
16 Nov 1941: Our Cruiser Division shoots down 6 Japanese Torpedo Bombers.
The Japanese appear to have Military Access in Australia so I garrison the border although I can't draw a frontline there.
Look at those Soviet losses.
I ask Ireland for Docking Rights.
17 Nov 1941: Ireland accepts our request.
I deploy the 2nd Armoured Division early and place it in training.
I create a more powerful M18 A1 variant of our new Medium Tank Destroyer then put it into production to replace the M10 Wolverine.
22 Nov 1941: The Soviets have now lost Leningrad. The Wehrmacht appears to be unstoppable.
Our Cruisers have shot down 5 more attacking Japanese aircraft.
The situation in Mexico is highly volatile despite being adequately garrisonèd. Their Resistance will break soon.
23 Nov 1941: Witch hunt is the appropriate word!
Research has been completed on Improved Rubber Processing.
I select Assembly Line Production next.
My current Research projects.
Now the Senate joins in. At least I can count on the Air Groups in Manila to maintain Air Superiority in their regions.
I'm not without options but I would rather save the Political Power (PP) for better things.
I task the US Marine Corps to assault that remaining port which is still in Japanese hands.
Finally the Global Summary. So the British are there after all and they have overtaken Germany. The RAF is the deciding factor. The Germans have ca. 300 divisions opposed to our 80.
I need to decide on my Pacific strategy. Should I liberate Java to deny the Oilfields there to the Japanese War Economy or eliminate Truk and Kwajalein so that the SW Pacific is safer for Allied shipping? Maybe both?

Comments