USA - Capturing Okinawa and Marcus Island - 30 Apr to 18 May 1942

30 Apr 1942: I decide to recruit Armoured divisions in Texas too.
01 May 1942: Research has finished on Assembly Line Production....
....and Improved Computing Machine is my next selection.
My current Research projects.
02 May 1942: Patton's 5th Army is selected to conduct the assaults on Okinawa.
I import Aluminium from The Hellenic Republic.
The campaign in the Dutch East Indies is almost over so I ship 7 divisions of SE Asian Army to Manila.
03 May 1942: I task Pacific Army with the mission to capture Marcus Island.
03 May 1942: 3rd Armoured Division has been deployed and I place it in training.
06 May 1942: I grant The Hellenic Republic Military Access in US territories.
I reciprocate and ask for Military Access in The Hellenic Republic. I also ask Yugoslavia.
Both affirm our request.
07 May 1942: I activate the Amphibious Assault on Marcus Island.
09 May 1942: The Marine divisions have arrived at Okinawa and the 85th 'Custer' Division is en route to its objective.
11 May 1942: I activate 5th Army's double Amphibious Assault on Okinawa.
12 May 1942: The Focus Armoured Infantry has been completed....
....and I select Fund the Navy next.
13 May 1942: That will age well!
15 May 1942: Marcus Island has been captured.
We can argue whether that is a defeat.
16 May 1942: That is a defeat but a minor one.
Our assault troops are about to land on Okinawa.
18 May 1942: Mission accomplished. Okinawa was the last land obstacle before invading the Japanese Homeland.
The final obstacle is to repair key elements of the US Navy. It has taken a lot of punishment.

Comments