USA - The B-17 and Recapturing New Ireland - 01 Apr to 08 May 1941

01 Apr 1941: I increase Rubber production from British Malaya.
We lose a Submarine near Iwo Jima.
10 Apr 1941: The repair status of 6 Battleships at Wake Island.
I forgot to put the B-17 Flying Fortress into production so I create the A1 variant with improved engines and reliability and start producing it.
I commence actively decrypting Japanese ciphers....
....and select to upgrade OSS with the Government Cypher School.
11 Apr 1941: I ship Patton's 5th Army to Gaoxiong, Taiwan. Phase 1 of its redeployment to Papua.
13 Apr 1941: The Japanese attack my Carrier Division and lose 3 Bombers.
I create a frontline for 3 divisions of Army Philippines on New Britain.
14 Apr 1941: I plan the upgrade of the Port and Airfield at Guam.
23 Apr 1941: The Pacific Strike Fleet is about to enter the Bismarck Sea....
....so a couple of days later I activate 2nd Marine Division's amphibious assault.
26 Apr 1941: Almost at New Ireland.
27 Apr 1941: The Japanese lose 4 more aircraft....
....but we lose one too.
02 May 1941: Damn Congress! The other 2 divisions on New Britain left the backdoor, Rabaul, wide open and the Japanese walked in.
04 May 1941: The attack is going well but our troops have limited supply. The 2nd Marine Division is racing to help out.
The 57 mm Gun M1 Anti-Tank Gun has completed research (No pic) and I select  the 40 mm M1 Anti-Aircraft Gun next.
My current Research.
06 May 1941: Time is almost up for the Japanese division. It looks like the 6th Australian has intervened.
The Japanese division has been destroyed and the 2nd Marine Division is about to enter Rabaul.
New Ireland has been cleared of enemy troops. New Britain is next. 

Comments