USA - Navy Reorganization and Preparations for Japan - 18 May to 30 May 1942

18 May 1942: The 63rd and 70th Assault Divisions were deployed and placed in training....
....while the 2nd Armoured Division and 69th Infantry Division are trained and assigned to 4th Army.
I order 4th Army to Pearl Harbour.
I start recruiting the 4th Marine Division.
The Resistance is still high but it's reduced.
Damaged ships are separated from their fleets and placed in US Reserve Fleet 1 then sent to Palau and Wake Island to undergo repairs....
....while 4 trained Battleships and a Submarine are assigned to Asiatic Fleet.
19 May 1942: I also merge the 4th Submarine Squadron with Asiatic Fleet.
I ship 6 divisions from Patton's 5th Army to Okinawa....
....and 7 divisions from SE Asia Army are shipped to Iwo Jima.
I recreate the US Marine Corps at Iwo Jima.
Four more divisions from SE Asian Army are shipped to Iwo Jima.
All 6 Air Groups at Guam are placed on Pilot Exercises.
In the East China Sea a Japanese Fleet has been sighted.
I change the Deployment location of 3 Recruitment missions to Virginia.
I add a Field Hospital Company to all 66 Infantry Divisions.
21 May 1942: That has created deficits for Motorized and Support Equipment.
24 May 1942: I transfer 3 Air Groups from California to Wake Island.
That is not of concern for me.
25 May 1942: I transfer the 22nd Fighter Group from Manila to Okinawa.
26 May 1942: No less than 5 Aircraft Carriers and 7 Battleships are in various stages of repair.
30 May 1942: OSS has been upgraded with Machine-Assisted Decryption(1).
I'm hoping to launch my attack on the Japanese Homeland before the end of June.

Comments