USA - Pacific Strike Fleet and West Papua Landings - 27 Nov to 16 Dec 1941

27 Nov 1941: I combine the Carrier Division (all 7 Carriers now because the USS Yorktown has been repaired) with the Pacific Strike Fleet.
I ensure that all Carrier Wings are set for Anti-Ship as well as Port Strike....
....then assign the Fleet to the Bismarck Sea and place Admiral Chester Nimitz in command. Truk and Kwajalein are in this Region.
I order the Caribbean Army to Rabaul.
28 Nov 1941: The divisions are now almost at 100% fighting strength.
02 Dec 1941: Why not? I like Carlsberg Elephant bier.
04 Dec 1941: Are they afraid of us?
I activate the assault on Hollandia, West Papua.
06 Dec 1941: The Japanese division has disappeared. Has it left the island or retreated inland? This port is the only way the enemy can leave the island.
08 Dec 1941: Two Japanese Bombers are shot down.
09 Dec 1941: We agree to a non-aggression pact with Dutch East Indies.
We import Rubber from the French.
12 Dec 1941: The Marines have captured Hollandia and I order 6 divisions of 5th Army to reinforce them.
I assign the 3 Marine Infantry divisions to 5th Army and plot their mission.
13 Dec 1941: We lost a Submarine near Truk.
14 Dec 1941: The Australian division has appeared again.
I ship 4 more divisions to Hollandia and Resistance levels in Central America are looking better.
I assign more Dockyards to Submarine production...
....and adjust the production of B-17's and Tanks.
16 Dec 1941: I import more Rubber from British Malaya....
....and we lose another Submarine to Japanese Bombers.
I'm suspecting that West Papua has been evacuated but I have to make sure.

Comments