USA - The Papua Campaign (II) - 05 Aug to 10 Sep 1941

07 Aug 1941: The Focus Bureau of Ships has been completed.
I select Army of the United States next which increases the Mobilization speed.
06 Aug 1941: Damn. I can't use the captured airfield.
07 Aug 1941: We captured that enemy position - also we gain support from the Ways and Means Committee.
I'm advancing on the left flank again.
08 Aug 1941: Research has been completed on Concentrated Industry IV....
....and I select Improved Rubber Processing next.
My current Research projects.
10 Aug 1941: It will be 2 long days.
17 Aug 1941: Only the southern advance was successful. The Japanese have brought in some more troops. Finally more support in the Senate....
....but not enough for a majority.
I ship the 25th Infantry Division to Port Moresby.
The Caribbean Army is nearing the Western Pacific.
19 Aug 1941: I need to fill that gap in the frontline and research has completed on Basic Submarine Snorkel.
I choose Inclined Belt Cruiser Armour Scheme next.
My Research with nothing arriving until the beginning of October.
26 Aug 1941: The 25th Division has arrived and is moving along the coast towards the frontline.
27 Aug 1941: I left my port unguarded. Very stupid! I send the 95th to fix it but that will leave another hole in the frontline. I simply don't have enough divisions.
30 Aug 1941: We've lost 6,000 troops since landing on New Ireland.
31 Aug 1941: We've retained the port but the new hole in the centre is threatened. I'm calling in the Marines.
03 Sep 1941: I'm attacking on the right to buy time for the 25th Division to plug the hole.
10 Sep 1941: To no avail. The Japanese were quicker.
Shipping the 25th Division to Port Moresby was a huge blunder. Now we have to take that mountain position again. There are now 8 enemy divisions and we only have 6 divisions. 

Comments