USA - Is Tokyo's Capture the End for Japan? - 25 Aug to 28 Sep 1942

25 Aug 1942: JD-4 and I'm collecting troops in Osaka to reinforce the Marines' bridgehead.
We agree to a pact of non-aggression with The Netherlands.
29 Aug 1942: JD-1 and we have 100% naval supremacy in the Coast of Japan.
30 Aug 1942: JD-Day and the objective is Tokyo and I'm not surprised that it will be a contested landing this time.
02 Sep 1942: We have superior forces though so they should successfully land ashore.
05 Sep 1942: We've landed! Next stop Tokyo. Also research  has completed on the Dual-Purpose Secondary Battery.
I attack that dislodged Japanese division before it can dig in.
07 Sep 1942: Tokyo falls and it was indeed a textbook operation.
I select to research the 155 mm M114 Artillery piece next.
08 Sep 1942: We lose a Submarine in the Coast of Japan and we are running out of Steel.
I ship General Simpson's 6th Army with 7 Philippine divisions in addition to 2nd Army. Hopefully the Japanese will send troops north to respond to the new situation around Tokyo.
11 Sep 1942: Paratroopers I has been researched and we have captured the airfield north of Tokyo. 2nd Army has also arrived in the bridgehead. We attack the frontline to delay Japan from sending troops north so that we can comfortably expand the bridgehead.
The terrain is in Japan's favour.
I select the M2 Carbine for research next.
My current Research projects.
20 Sep 1942: We have a much larger perimeter now and the Japanese are counterattacking after which appears to have been an amphibious assault. It's doomed though because there is no port to capture and therefore no supplies. It does distract me though.
24 Sep 1942: SE Asian Army begins an offensive at the front west of our bridgehead and 6th Army has arrived to increase our strength to 15 divisions around Tokyo. Unfortunately we had to give up the airfield.
28 Sep 1942: The Japanese have sent more troops to Tokyo and research has been completed on the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt.
I select the Air Doctrine Formation Flying next.
Hopefully Japan will have been defeated before these projects are completed.
I add another 1940 Battleship to my naval production and I need much more Steel.
I place the newly deployed 42nd 'Rainbow' Division in training....
....and lose more ships to Japanese air power.
I believe we are seeing the death throes of Imperial Japan. More in the next post.

Comments