USA - Home Front and Mini-Crisis in Turkey - 27 Aug to 18 Sep 1943

27 Aug 1943: I send two Infantry divisions east to counter the German threat.
28 Aug 1943: I extend my frontline eastwards beyond Aleppo.
In Virginia the 7th Marine Division is deployed and is placed in training.
The new Okinawa Detachment is arriving at its destination.
02 Sep 1943: Three Assault divisions have been deployed in Virginia. I'm thinking about forming a new Army for deployment in Europe.
04 Sep 1943: The M1 Bazooka has been researched....
....and I select the M20 Recoilless Rifle next. Armour piercing weapons are essential against the Wehrmact.
My current Research.
05 Sep 1943: Ouch! The Germans have captured Aleppo. I attack to slow down their advance.
07 Sep 1943: I presume the Germans are also sending forces further east to outflank my frontline.
08 Sep 1943: Even with 8 divisions I can't gain the upper hand!
In the Bay of Biscay the French Navy has sunk 10 Brazilian Merchants. I hope they were carrying troops.
09 Sep 1943: I attack further west where the Germans are spread relatively thin. I hope that will gain their attention.
10 Sep 1943: Great. We have recaptured Aleppo so now it is our turn to counterattack northeast from Adana. I need to stop their movement to the east.
11 Sep 1943: Stalemate on my west flank but there is a gap in their line south of Konya. The Allies can hopefully exploit it.
14 Sep 1943: An Armoured division has captured Gaziantep but its position is precarious. I attack hoping to widen the corridor. The Focus Empower the Huac has been completed.
I select the continuous Focus Army Training next which reduces division training time by 25%.
The 9th Armoured Division is deployed in Virginia.
15 Sep 1943: We lose 3 Merchants to German U-Boots near Cyprus.
15 Sep 1943: I conduct a desperate counterattack north of Aleppo.
16 Sep 1943: We have a limited success which I hope to exploit by immediately following up.
18 Sep 1943: Research has been completed on Excavation III.
I select Construction IV next.
The worst has been avoided on 5th Army's Front with both sides now spread very thin. 

Comments