USA - Investing in Steel and Mixed Situations at the Fronts - 03 Aug to 24 Aug 1943

03 Aug 1943: I adjust my Production placing more emphasis on Infantry Equipment and Artillery.
04 Aug 1943: I invest in 3 Steel projects which together will give 36 more Steel, i.e. less imports.
I add 21 Military Factories to my Construction schedule.
06 Aug 1943: I start a new offensive in SW France.
08 Aug 1943: Now that really is unfortunate. I wish you a speedy recovery, George!
11 Aug 1943: Three more divisions will soon be arriving for 1st Army.
12 Aug 1943: The newly-deployed 17th Infantry Division is placed in training.
I ship the 82nd Airborne Division to the Azores and assign it to 1st Army.
14 Aug 1943: I receive the 101st Airborne and it too is placed in training. I really need more transport aircraft but I can't deploy aircraft overseas.
I ship 3 Infantry divisions from Panama City to the Azores.
I'm now attacking with 8 divisions against 4 defending German divisions.
16 Aug 1943: The enemy retreated and now I attack with 9 divisions against 2.
17 Aug 1943: No progress there though because it is better defensive terrain.
In Virginia the 8th Armoured Division is deployed and I place it in training.
I request 10 divisions from the Philippines and receive them.
I create 2nd Army which I then combine with the Okinawa Detachment.
The original 9 Philippine divisions are placed in 2nd Army under the command of General Simpson then I ship them to Siberia.
I start a new offensive in eastern Siberia.
20 Aug 1943: A small crisis is developing in Turkey. The Germans are counterattacking NE of Adana.
24 Aug 1943: My right flank is being pushed back. I need to organize some reserves to counter the Germans.
We have a setback in Turkey and I need to transfer troops from my left flank.

Comments