USA - The Home Front, Pacific Air Power and Sumatra - 01 Apr to 16 Apr 1942

01 Apr 1942: I add 7 x 3 Dockyards to my Construction queue.
The Resistance levels in Mexico. It looks bad but it used to be worse.
The Battleship USS South Dakota and 2 Destroyers are assigned to the Pacific Strike Fleet.
03 Apr 1939: I merge Battleships, Battle Force with Training Force.
06 Apr 1942: The 1940 Heavy Ship Hull has been researched....
....and I select Improved Medium Battery next. One is for Heavy Cruisers and one for Light Cruisers.
10 Apr 1942: The War Summary. In this 3 month campaign we have lost 21,000 troops compared to Japan's ca. 500,000. They will be difficult to replace.
A quick look at Europe and the Allies have captured Albania and much of Italy....
....while the Germans are at the gates of Stalingrad.
The Battleship USS Indiana and Destroyer USS Jarvis are assigned to the Pacific Strike Fleet.
I create 30th and 32nd Fighter Groups at Manila (2 x 96 Warhawks)....
....and the 34th Fighter Group at Mindanao (192 Warhawks). I'll create two Groups later.
13 Apr 1942: Finally the 33rd Fighter Group at Guam with 205 Early Fighters. Green is good = Air Superiority.
14 Apr 1942: Research has completed on the A-20 Havoc CAS aircraft.
I select the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt next.
My current Research projects.
I create the A-20 Havoc A1 variant with more reliability....
....then put it into production. The yellow arrows represent upgrades not reinforcements. There are ca. 1200 upgrades required.
Guam is approaching maximum capacity.
15 Apr 1942: We need to capture Saipan north of Guam in the Mariana Region.
16 Apr 1942: The SE Army's plans for Sumatra. Caribbean Army's name has finally been changed.
The Global Summary shows that Japan is now very weak with only 4 fleets and 900 aircraft and <60 divisions.
I need to take out Saipan next as well as Marcus Island. My next land campaign will be on the Japanese Home Islands. I want to finish off Japan before the end of this year. Then we can take on the Germans. 

Comments