USA - Liberating Dutch East Indies and Taking Truk (II) - 20 Jan to 31 Jan 1942

20 Jan 1942: I plan an amphibious assault to capture Soerabaja. A port on Java behind the Japanese lines. Also Improved Artillery Upgrade II has been researched.
Why not?
I research the A-20 Havoc next. A Combat Air Support aircraft.
My current Research projects.
I assign two more new Destroyers to Pacific Strike Fleet.
21 Jan 1942: We lose another Submarine near Truk.
25 Jan 1942: I add 9 more Dockyards to the Construction queue. All are overseas.
I plan adding 5 more Military Factories to the B-17 production.
I plan constructing a level 3 Airbase at Mindanao.
I order 4th Army to Acapulco for eventual overseas duties.
I design an Assault Division with extra Artillery and 3 more Support Companies....
....and adjust my Recruitment schedule.
That produces small deficits but they'll be filled within a few days.
I import more Rubber from the Dutch East Indies.
26 Jan 1942: Truk also appears to have been abandoned by the Japanese.
31 Jan 1942: Again no contact.
I order the 5 divisions in Brunei to the port Batu, Borneo.
I assign General Mark Clark to my Military High Command.
The second attempt to assault the Japanese Airbase on Palau. The first attempt was abandoned because of too little naval superiority.
West Papua was empty of Japanese defenders so I order all the divisions back to Hollandia.
I order the 83rd Infantry Division to East Timor.
The amphibious assault on a Javanese port has been activated and I order 6 divisions of Caribbean Army to the frontline.
I'm looking forward to eliminating those 11 divisions in Lesser Suma Islands soon. It'll be a major blow for the Japanese.

Comments