USA - Capturing Saipan and New Capital Ships - 16 Apr to 30 Apr 1942

16 Apr 1942: I ship 10 divisions of Patton's 5th Army to northern Luzon....
....and the 3 Marine divisions to Palau.
17 Apr 1942: Stalingrad falls.
I transfer the 25th and 95th Infantry Divisions to Pacific Army then plot amphibious assaults for them. The objective: Saipan. We need to deny the Japanese that port and airbase.
23 Apr 1942: I activate the assault on Saipan.
26 Apr 1942: The islands appear to have been abandoned. The enemy aircraft will depart before we arrive.
29 Apr 1942: They've captured Saipan. (Bad pic.)
30 Apr 1942: I order the 3 Marine Infantry divisions further north to Iwo Jima.
A better pic.
Italy is 72% towards capitulation and the Japanese have lost another 110,000 troops.
I commence decrypting the new Japanese cipher....
....and I initiate the upgrade Machine-Assisted Decryption (1) for OSS.
I import Aluminium from the Dutch East Indies....
....and more Rubber from British Malaya.
I create my new 1940 Battleship with a lot of everything including a third heavy turret and all-or-nothing armour belt.
I create a 1940 Heavy Cruiser similarly with 3 medium turrets and 3 anti-aircraft batteries.
I place both into production - more will follow later.
I have plenty of equipment stockpiled. I can now start transferring Military Factories to aircraft production.
My next objective will be Okinawa while also preparing for the landings on Japan.

Comments