USA - Mexico. Papua and US Elections 1940 - 29 Oct to 08 Nov 1940

29 Oct 1940: I go on the offensive in NW Mexico.
I ask Winston for Military Access....
....and our Battleships shoot down 2 more Japanese aircraft.
Next I ask Australia for Military Access. Papua and the nearby islands are Australian territory.
I decide to transfer my Papua divisions to the islands. That Japanese division has returned.
30 Oct 1940: My requests have been accepted by the UK and Australia.
I create 5th Army with George Patton as commander and order it nearer to the action.
I order Naval Detachment Atlantic to the Florida Coast....
....then plan an Amphibious Assault for the 31st 'Dixie' Division on the Azores.
I need to have naval superiority in all the Sea Regions along the route et voilà.
Damn! The AI left a hole in the frontline and the Mexicans took advantage of it. I can quickly react though.
01 Nov 1940: The Germans are getting nearer to Soviet territory.
The breach has been plugged and I press on with the offensive in NW Mexico.
The Production table showing my three major deficits. Infantry Equipment has priority. I plan to increase the number Military Factories from 12 to 20.
Wow! We sunk a Heavy Cruiser near Taiwan. It had probably been damaged and was going home to get repaired.
The two islands are Japanese controlled so I need to amphibious assault them and that will take a week to plan if the Japanese give me a week.
We are attacking enemy forces in southern Venezuela and one division is moving to Port of Spain on Trinidad.
08 Nov 1940: The US Presidential and Franklin D. Roosevelt wins. I like the bonuses.
Yep. A shift in the political landscape.
The New Deal should give us an economic boost. 

Comments