USA - The Papua Campaign (III) - 14 Sep to 17 Oct 1941

14 Sep 1941: We lose a Submarine due to an air attack. That Japanese Air Group is back to 150 aircraft again.
My Construction schedule is predominantly Military Factories.
I order Patton's 5th Army to Rabaul. The tricky part because of Japanese Air Power.
15 Sep 1941; A new Japanese Infantry division has appeared on our left flank. I attempt to counter it.
18 Sep 1941: General Gerow, the commander of our forces in Papua  has been wounded. Fortunately George Patton is on the way there with 5th Army and he can take over.
28 Sep 1941: We've managed to recapture that mountain position and are withstanding the Japanese counterattacks. Our right flank is on the attack.
29 Sep 1941: That Australian division has appeared again and a 12 day battle on our right flank isn't very appealing.
30 Sep 1941: Research has been completed on Computing Machine....
....and I select Improved Fire Control System next.
01 Oct 1941: We've also finished researching Inclined Belt Cruiser Armour Scheme.
I decide we need the 1940 Cruiser Hull next.
My current Research projects.
02 Oct 1941: It's always good to see the enemy fighting amongst themselves.
03 Oct 1941: As if Hitler would back down....
04 Oct 1941: We have lost 2 Submarines this time. Annoying.
Fifth Army has safely arrived at Rabaul - now the final stretch to Papua.
I transfer Gerow's 5 divisions to 5th Army.
05 Oct 1941: A breakthrough on my right flank could get the front moving again especially with 8 more divisions arriving any day.
11 Oct 1941: Patton has arrived and we first stabilize the frontline.
My deficiencies now are much less but I am prioritizing Support Equipment.
17 Oct 1941: The Focus Army of the United States  has been completed and have selected Battleship Primacy next. I already have the 1940 Carrier so I don't need Carrier Primacy.
I have a good feeling in Papua now. We finally outnumber the Japanese.

Comments