USA - Liberating Dutch East Indies and Taking Truk (I) - 17 Dec 1941 to 15 Jan 1942

17 Dec 1941: My plans for liberating West Papua.
18 Dec 1941: I transfer 3 divisions from Army Philippines to 5th Army....
....then order then to land on the Lesser Sumba Islands west of Papua. It's the nearest port to the frontline on Java.
21 Dec 1941: I assign 2 divisions from Army Philippines to assault Palau.
22 Dec 1941: Both Australia and Canada cancel their non-aggression pacts with us. They really do want to remain neutral.
23 Dec 1941: The Focus Battleship Primacy has been completed and research on Improved Fire Control System has finished.
I decide to research Grumman F4F Wildcat next.
My current Research projects.
My next Focus is US Army Air Force. Those Research Bonuses will be useful.
I don't have to worry about Australia or Canada declaring war on us. Democracies don't attack Democracies.
I can't attack Truk from neutral Australian territory, where the Caribbean Army is in Rabaul, so I assign 2 divisions from 5th Army (in West Papau) to Caribbean Army.
24 Dec 1941: I assign these 2 divisions to an amphibious assault on Truk. An important Japanese naval base.
Another Battleship has been commissioned so I assign its freed-up Dockyards to Submarine production. 
USS Indiana is the second Battleship completed this month.
01 Jan 1942: I ship 10 divisions of Caribbean Army to the Lesser Sumba Islands to counter a Japanese attack.
02 Jan 1942: I ask British Malaya for Military Access and they grant it the next day.
I ship 7 divisions of Army Philippines to Brunei.
11 Jan 1942: I import Rubber from Dutch East Indies.
15 Dec 1942: The Japanese have conquered Java and are now attacking along the Lesser Sumba Islands which the French Commune and I are defending.
We are now very active in SW Pacific with 36 divisions, 1000+ aircraft and ca. 100 warships.

Comments