Turkey - The Spanish Gambit - 10 May to 24 Jun 1924

10 May 1924: Today marks the beginning of the 15th year of the HOI4 Campaign and it is nowhere near decided yet because the USA has not been defeated. I have two new surface ships fully-trained. A Light Cruiser is assigned to the Battle Fleet....
....and a Destroyer VI to OE Task Force 10.
I strengthen the defences of 5 ports in the Eastern Mediterranean.
I create three new Fighter Wings.
11 May 1924: I also deploy an Airship Wing to Oltena.
13 May 1924: OE Task Force 10 receives its 8th Destroyer VI.
16 May 1924: Combat in southern Africa.
My attempt to get Spain into the conflict by Justifying a War Goal.
21 May 1924: Germany can take over the leadership of the Central Powers but hasn't.
Spain joins the North American Association....
....and I cancel my Justification.
27 May 1924: Spain's border with the German Empire.
I select five Battlecruiser IV's to be refitted.
Each ship will require one year in refit. I am creating Pocket Battleships....
The sixth Battlecruiser IV is with the Carrier Force and it too receives its orders.
28 May 1924: The Air Doctrine Dive Bombing has been received.
I select to research Improved Static Anti-Aircraft Gun next.
A lot of long-term projects are being researched.
11 Jun1924: I select Passive Defence (I) to upgrade Turme.
19 Jun 1924: The situation in West Africa....
....and Gibraltar.
24 Jun 1924: The northern Spanish border with 20 US divisions present. 
I cancel my Lend Lease to Austria-Hungary.
Well my Spanish Gambit didn't get Spain into the war but the US is now firmly committed in SW Europe.

Comments