Turkey - Opening Moves - 30 Dec 1921 to 10 Jan 1922

30 Dec 1921: Germany has its war but I still have a few things to do before mine begins. I'm sending a couple of divisions from 1st Army to both Eritrea and Somalia.
31 Dec 1921: Look at all those divisions in Ethiopia! They are all from Central Power countries so there is nothing I can do.
I assign the two new Mountain Divisions to Army Romania.
01 Jan 1922: We've received a "Call to Arms" from Germany but I don't have to reply until 31 January and a lot can change in 30 days.
02 Jan 1922: I don't know why but my 350 Fighters in Romania aren't showing.
03 Jan 1922: My Justification has arrived.
My Battle Fleet receives the Naval Invasion Support mission.
This is why the Fighters don't show. I assign 7th Fighter Wing to Army Romania. The remaining three Wings have Air Superiority missions over Ukraine.
My Air Missions over the Black Sea. The 8th Airship Wing is assigned to  bombing Coastal Forts.
I declare war on Ukraine....
This chart is confusing because I am only using 55 of the 166 divisions with 12 in reserve.
The initial operational plans of the invading forces.
Ukraine calls France into the war but I believe they are busy at the moment.
05 Jan 1922: Breakthrough is imminent in the north while half of my Reconnaissance Corps has stormed the beaches NW of the Crimean Peninsula.
Odessa will take a week to capture but extra troops are on the way. Further nations are sending "Call to Arms" requests but I am politely ignoring them.
My breakout plans for the landed troops.
In the evening the remaining 4 divisions of the Reconnaissance Corps arrive. One division supports the assault on Odessa while 3 are ordered to advance towards Kiev.
06 Jan 1922: The Reconnaissance Corps has its first contact at Krivoi Rih. Also the 70th and 71st  Mountain Divisions are added to the attack. The Qing Dynasty wants to join the war. It will be over before they arrive! (Many nations are being called into both wars but I am not posting them all here.)
The situation at nightfall.
07 Jan 1922: Breakthrough in the north. Two Heavy Tank Divisions are supporting attacks against the flanks while the rest are pressing eastwards.
08 Jan 1922: The Reconnaissance Corps is making great progress.
09 Jan 1922: I need Odessa so that my Reconnaissance Corps has a supply chain.
In the evening I divert another Heavy Tank Division to support the right flank of the armoured attack.
10 Jan 1922: I neglected to cancel my imports from France and order elsewhere so now I import Steel from the UK....
....and Aluminium from Germany.
That's all for this post. In the next post we'll take a look at the Western Front too. 

Comments