Turkey - Final Moves in Ukraine - 12 Jan to 26 Jan 1922

12 Jan 1922: Finally, Odessa has been captured which ensures that supplies are available to our units further east. This pic also shows what a division looks like after 9 days of intensive combat.
13 Jan 1922: The eastern half of the Reconnaissance Corps has reached its objectives. Now 7 divisions of Army Romania (N. of Odessa) are racing eastwards to consolidate their gains.
I just added 4 more.
15 Jan 1922: I feared that might happen. Two divisions have been encircled. Relief is on the way though. In the north the Ukrainian capital Kiev has been captured.
16 Jan 1922: Most of our armour and many divisions from 2nd Army can now push eastwards towards the new capital Kharkov.
18 Jan 1922: As expected the Central Powers have advanced deeply into southern France meeting little or no opposition.
There have been advances by the Germans in northern France too but why haven't the British crossed the English Channel?
Finally the French troops in Tyrol and Venetia. They are tying down a huge amount of Central Power forces.
In Ukraine support has arrived for the two encircled divisions.
19 Jan 1922: Time to call Germany into the war. Hopefully it will appease them for not following their call. I'm very glad I didn't now because the USA has joined France. I definitely don't want to be at war with America.
Confirmation I am not at war with the USA because it isn't on my War Summary table. The losses are very low compared to World War I. Ukraine is 78% towards capitulation with France at 22%. Above the top-right corner of the table you can see my 6th Army attacking NE Ukraine from German Russia.
20 Jan 1922: A good day. Our encircled divisions in the east have been relieved and 9 Ukrainian divisions south of Kiev have been surrounded.
21 Jan 1922: It's looking bleak for Ukraine. Kharkov has fallen and their new capital Stalino is threatened from the north and west. It's a question of days now.
22 Jan 1922: Three divisions from Army Romania have reached Zaporozhe on their way to Stalino.
23 Jan 1922: There are now no obstacles between us and Stalino. A Reconnaissance Division has also disengaged from a battle in the south and can advance much faster than the Infantry Divisions
24 Jan 1922: We are at the gates of Stalino. The captured states are probably pink because they are considered Russian core states not Ukrainian.
25 Jan 1922: The technology for the new Mecidiye Class Light Cruiser has been developed.
I select the Yavuz Class Battlecruiser next.
My current Research projects.
We've captured Stalino and it is over for Ukraine. I order 3 divisions to attack north to protect our gain.
We are in the World News! That it is a lot of artillery and other equipment. How did the UK get 70 VP's?
Round 1: I annex most of Ukraine leaving my remaining VP total (87) higher than the UK figure.
I pass a round gaining 120 VP's which enables me to annex the rest of Ukraine.
The Treaty of Chernigov (no idea where that is) showing a smashing victory.
We now have to deal with Germany in the next post. They have really screwed up. Until next time. 

Comments