Turkey - The Ottoman-Afghanistan War - 12 Dec 1924 to 30 Jan 1925

12 Dec 1924: I receive the Justification to invade then declare war on Fascist Afghanistan,
A quick look at the Iberian campaign and it doesn't look good for Spain.
I activate the four Commands operating against the Afghan forces....
....and at first all seems to progressing well but the Afghans have the terrain on their side,
14 Dec 1924: Much too much 'red'. Also I reject the offer from the USA (and Spain).
15 Dec 1924: Take a look at what they are offering! I ask for nothing.
20 Dec 1924: I alter some attacks to support the 'successful' assault.
22 Dec 1924: They are not ready!
23 Dec 1924: The upgrade Machine-Assisted Decryption for Turme has completed.
As expected our losses are higher but Afghan-American war????
30 Dec 1924: More 'green' appearing along the frontline which is encouraging.
02 Jan 1925: Breakthrough at two points along the front. Herat has been captured and I hope to exploit the gap in the centre of their line.
04 Jan 1925: Another breakthrough is imminent in the centre.
06 Jan 1925: That gap has been exploited and we are pressing forward.
08 Jan 1925: I redirect two Heavy Tank Divisions in order to widen the breach in the Afghan front.
12 Jan 1925: An airfield has been captured and it is now being used by my Airforce. Kabul is now being attacked but not in any strength yet.
18 Jan 1925: Afghan losses are increasing now as our attack gains momentum.
19 Jan 1925: We have decrypted the US codes and the attack on Kabul is intensifying.
Yes, I want to activate it....
24 Jan 1925: Lot's of 'green' attacks and I add the 5th Heavy Tank to the assault on Kabul.
26 Jan 1925: It's almost over at Kabul and I divert a couple of Tank Divisions to support my right wing.
27 Jan 1925: They are now at 98% towards capitulation.
29 Jan 1925: Victory and a lot of equipment has been seized.
I annex both states.
30 Jan 1925: The Treaty of Herat has been signed and Afghanistan is now part of the Ottoman Empire.
A costly campaign but Afghanistan shouldn't have left the Central Powers. Back to peace in the next post plus more from the Iberian campaign. 

Comments