Turkey - Post-Conflict Considerations - 26 Jan to 29 Jan 1922

 26 Jan 1922: In the last post I stated that Germany screwed up but what I should have said is that the Kaiser could have been smarter and avoided a war with a third power if I understand the rules correctly. Germany started justifying war goals against France in Sep 1921 and I followed against Ukraine a few days later. Then France guaranteed the independence of Ukraine so all Germany had to do was cancel their justification. France would automatically be at war with the Central Powers after my invasion of Ukraine without Germany becoming labelled as the aggressor. This North American Association hasn't declared war on the Ottoman Empire nor has France called it into their war against us. Germany's attack on France brought America into the conflict.

As you can see there is no NAA involved in September 1921 even after I started my justification against Ukraine.
Apparently the USA is callable and they are not listed on this table because I don't want my puppet nations to show.
At least I am still on good terms with Germany, i.e. no negative points for not joining their war but it isn't 31 January yet.
Here is my USA Diplomacy screen and the Ottoman Empire is not listed being at war with them.
On the French screen I am listed. So when France and Tunisia are defeated I should be at peace again.
Back to business in Ukraine I unassign Army Romania from Army Group 1....
....and task it with occupying former Ukraine.
The French have captured 2 ports in Istria but I can't imagine that the Royal Navy allows support from France to arrive.
I order my Reconnaissance Corps to Ljubljana....
....and 2nd Army to Zagreb. That is a preliminary show of support.
This is the German-French war and France is 52% towards capitulation but the USA also needs to be defeated in order to end that war. I'm at war with France because of my invasion of Ukraine.
France is getting smaller and the Germany Army is at the gates of Paris.
I add my Reconnaissance Corps to 1st Army Group so that I have a single command in Central Europe.
On the Home Front I order 6th Army to Rostov....
....and the Armoured Corps to Odessa. I intend shipping them both to Batum.
Next I start "Justifying War Goal" against the Fascist Russian Empire. I can't imagine a Democratic USA guaranteeing their independence.
Not quite sure why that is happening or what the New Afghan Khanate is. It's on the "to look at" list. They are in the Central Powers so I guess they are friendly.
Finally I move some airpower to Dalmatia to support the offensive there.
27 Jan 1922: We are already attacking the port there albeit unsuccessfully.
The OE Battle Fleet is still at sea burning fuel....
....so I order it home to Thessaly.
29 Jan 1922: The French Army in Austria-Hungary will be defeated before I arrive there so I order the 1st Army Group to Odessa instead. The Russian Empire has priority.
That concludes this post but the global situation is still unclear. More in the next post. 

Comments