Germany - From France to Greece to Ethiopia - 06 Dec to 20 Dec 1944

06 Dec 1944: Why not? I'm concentrating on Europe first.
07 Dec 1944: In Greece I want to break through this defence line and capture that airfield.
That's not me. It's Comintern versus the Allies in Northern Spain.
I put on the pressure with a new thrust towards Athens. The enemy has Air Superiority in all the regions listed lower-right.
08 Dec 1944: This battle should be over tomorrow and the road to Athens will then be cleared.
09 Dec 1944: Greece is 23% towards capitulation and has lost 118K troops. That's almost as much as Germany on all fronts.
We have lost Naval Superiority in the English Channel so I order the Hochseeflotte and the Marineschule Kiel into the Channel. That's an extra 44 ships - 10 of them Capital Ships.
10 Dec 1944: We have Air Superiority over the English Channel and I activate 3 Carrier Wings.
I establish Vichy France, an Axis nation, which will hopefully solve a lot of problems in the French Colonies....
....and we guarantee their independence.
We have the upper hand against British forces in Spain and we now take the war to former Portugal.
We are making great progress in Ethiopia. I order a full-scale assault to capture Addis Abiba.
13 Dec 1944: What more can I say?
Thanks to Hungary we gain a new ally. There are Finnish troops in Casablanca! We shall soon kick them out of Africa though.
Finally a major victory in the English Channel. The UK aircraft are biplanes and all German ships have excellent Anti-Air defences. We appear to have lost Air Superiority over the Channel. I shall have to address that.
14 Dec 1944: The Army Doctrine Blitzkrieg has been researched....
....and I select the Air Doctrine Combat Unit Destruction next.
17 Dec 1944: Research has been completed on Advanced Equipment Conversion....
....and I decide to research Streamlined Line next.
A lot of my Aluminium imports have disappeared so I import it from the USA instead.
Excellent progress in Greece but the Occident Republic joining the war is disappointing.
18 Dec 1944: I add more divisions to 5th Army in the French Alps.
19 Dec 1944: A French agent has been captured in Germany. A serious matter but Admiral Canaris and his Abwehr appear to have everything under control. Good work! We have Naval Superiority in the English Channel again.
20 Dec 1944: The Bohemian Empire joins the war on our side and troops from the Kavallerie-Korps are assembling at the Channel ports as part of the second wave after we have captured ports in England.
The Wehrmacht is busy everywhere in Europe and beyond and we are winning on all fronts. 

Comments