Allies - Regrouping After Italian Campaign - 26 Jan to 16 Feb 1939

26 Jan 1939: A civil war has started in Japan. One less worry for our colonies in the Far East.
This will double the number of recruits available but will also add 10% training time. I can live with that.
We lost a few aircraft but where is the Italian fleet operating from?
I send the North Atlantic Fleet back to its base at Gibraltar.
27 Jan 1939: We agree to a Non-Aggression Pact with France.
28 Jan 1939: Europe as seen from the German point of view. At war with Greece but friends with nobody.
At Plymouth I send 5 Destroyers from the Home Fleet to training.
....and I order the Western Approaches Force to patrol in the Central Mediterranean.
29 Jan 1939: I also ensure we have Air Superiority over the Central Mediterranean to counter those pesky Italians.
We have plenty of Cruisers and Destroyers arriving this year.
My current Research. Nothing arriving before April though.
01 Feb 1939: Now that all divisions in Army Libya are at ports I ship them to Trieste.
04 Feb 1939: So Italy has docking rights in German ports. That's a long way from the Med.
05 Feb 1939: No one is winning the German-Soviet war....
....and Greece is prevailing in their conflict with Germany.
The Japanese civil war appears to be 50-50 at the moment.
06 Feb 1939: Army Libya has arrived in Trieste and I assign it to a portion of the frontline.
10 Feb 1939: Zagreb, the Croatian capital has been captured and I plan to attack along the border between Austria and Hungary and hopefully capture Vienna.
16 Feb 1939: The planned troop movements. Secure the flanks and thrust towards Vienna.
I place the 1st Airborne Division in training....
....and assign three trained Infantry Divisions to 1st Army.
We are now ready to help put an end to this war.

Comments