Allies - Italy Invades Greece and the Consequences - 09 Sep to 27 Sep 1938

09 Sep 1938: Italy doesn't seem to worry about the French incursion in Piedmont and beyond. Also the World Tension is now at 52% so I don't have to wait 70 days!
The French are progressing well in NW Italy.
I prepare a Lend Lease package for Greece. Now that WT is high enough I have many options available. 
Greece accepts our package and the Italians appear to be making no progress. Some of those battles are Greek counterattacks!
11 Sep 1938: The good news is that France is not involved.
13 Sep 1938: I offer Greece Military Access so that their troops can retreat to British territory if they need to.
16 Sep 1938: That's a useful Focus if they live long enough to complete it.
18 Sep 1938: I plan an amphibious assault to capture Rhodes. It will be ready in 7 days. Hopefully they won't be expecting an assault so early in the war.
We shall advance into Libya too, and of course East Africa..
22 Sep 1938: I paused the campaign here. One can compare the strengths of the combatants.
I request 5 divisions from Australia....
....and 2 more from New Zealand....
....then I create the Army ANZAC and order it to Socotra.
I assign the trained 47th Motorized Division to 1st Army.
I split the Mediterranean Fleet into two fleets....
....and create the new Red Sea Fleet.
I believe Republican Spain now has the upper hand now. Meanwhile back in the UK I transfer 2 Battleships and 6 Cruisers from the Reserve Fleet to the North Atlantic Fleet at Gibraltar.
I split Reserve Fleet in two.... 
....creating the Western Mediterranean Fleet which I also send to Gibraltar.
I order Reserve Fleet to Belfast. The Ark Royal's Carrier Wing has no aircraft assigned yet.
The French are approaching Milan....
....but are losing territory in North Africa.
The Greeks are still holding the line!
I order the Mediterranean Fleet to Patrol the Eastern Mediterranean.
25 Sep 1938: I order two more divisions to the Libyan border where an Italian division has made an appearance.
27 Sep 1938: Finally I order the 5th Submarine Flotilla to patrol in the Aegean Sea.
We are pretty much prepared and have reinforcements on the way. So in the next post we are at war! Would it now be World War 2 because the British Empire is involved?

Comments