Allies - Ethiopia and Plans for Sicily Landing - 19 Nov to 01 Dec 1938

19 Nov 1938: I order the Home Fleet to Gibraltar.
I also redirect the Australian 2nd Infantry Division to Port Sudan. I want to clean up in Ethiopia as quickly as possible.
West of Djibouti a breakthrough is imminent. Germany is justify a war against us? I have no idea what Adolf is smoking!
20 Nov 1938: There we have the breakthrough.
26 Nov 1938: Italian controlled territory is getting steadily smaller.
The Greeks have lost another Merchant....
....and this is the only thing I can find that could explain the German war justification. If that is the reason I'll ignore any Call to Arms from Greece. I believe that the Soviets are the biggest threat at the moment.
I transfer 5 trained ships to the Portsmouth Fleet....
....and send 5 Destroyers from the Portsmouth to the Humber Force for further training.
27 Nov 1938: I order training for the Portsmouth Fleet.
28 Nov 1938: I move the 27th RAF Fighter Squadron to Malta.
I plan an amphibious assault on the port in southern Sicily....
....but I have insufficient Naval Superiority in the Tyrrhenian Sea.
Good that the North Atlantic Fleet is at sea again
Cleaning up in East Africa....
....and victories in northern Ethiopia are expected in a matter of days.
29 Nov 1938: I switch air support from squadrons based at Malta Ground Support and Port Attacks over southern Italy.
30 Nov 1938: I start deployment of the new 28th RAF Squadron at Benghazi.
I split up 11th Squadron and transfer the new 25th Squadron to Derna.
01 Dec 1938: I plan increasing the Squadron to 50 Fighters.
I believe that we have enough forces in the region now. I shall be using Army Libya to reinforce the bridgehead.

Comments