Allies - The Pact of Rome, Spain and our War Economy - 24 Feb to 16 May 1937

24 Feb 1937: Austria and Hungary sign the Pact of Rome.
Italy obviously hasn't joined yet. It is a big decision. Axis or Pact of Rome?
25 Feb 1937: Now there is also a Polish-Romanian Alliance. Didn't something like this happen prior to the Great War?
Poland and Romania are only guaranteeing each other's independence. They are not forming a new Faction.
05 Mar 1937: I can do that. It has its Pros and Cons. The Pro I like is that more Civilian Factories, CIFs, are now devoted to construction.
17 Mar 1937: There are now 29 CIF's supporting Construction.
18 Mar 1937: My Construction schedule is much more extensive and ambitious.
21 Mar 1937: The conflict in Spain escalates.
The Regional Defence Council of Aragón has broken off from Republican Spain and is at war with the other two parties.
22 Mar 1937: So the RDC of Aragón are anarchists and unaligned.
31 Mar 1937: The Focus Royal Tank Regiment has been completed.
I select The Shadow Scheme as my next Focus. It has no immediate effect but if we go to war the UK receives four MIF's.
15 Apr 1937: It has served its purpose because we now have 100% Stability and 100% Democracy.
I remind the Dutch again.
09 May 1937: The Matilda tank has finished research....
....and I select the Army Doctrine Mobile Warfare next thus breaking with tradition. I want to beat the Germans at their own game.
10 May 1937: I create the Matilda Mk. I variant with a better gun and more reliability.
I need 180 upgrades for the 3 tank battalions in my Royal Tank Regiment. Also my deficits are much less now.
14 May 1937: The Air Doctrine Formation Flying has been researched. Royal Navy training appears to be getting along fine.
I select the Vickers Wellington Tactical Bomber next.
16 May 1937: I finish with a list of my current Research projects with two gun upgrades arriving at the end of next month.
Most new designs are for the British Army and the Royal Air Force but the Royal Navy is large and highly trained. 

Comments