Allies - The Landing in Sicily - 06 Dec to 28 Dec 1938

06 Dec 1938: I increase 18-pounder Towed Artillery production....
....and I add two Motorized Infantry battalions to the Tank Brigade template.
Despite losing all of the industrial north of the country Italy is only 30% towards capitulation. We'll be changing that.
Houston we have a problem. We only have 47% Naval Supremacy so I assign the Home Fleet to fix the problem.
08 Dec 1938: Mission accomplished. The 54th Infantry Division is now at sea, destination Sicily. Army Libya is waiting on Malta to reinforce after the port has been captured.
11 Dec 1938: The Royal Navy is covering the operation with not an Italian ship in sight!
14 Dec 1938: The 54th Division has landed and the port is ours
I ship the Army Libya to Sicily....
....while up to the 17th of Dec 1938 the 54th Division captures an airfield then Messina.
The French have stalled north of Rome and our forces in Greece have liberated all of Albania.
I have 137 days of Fuel remaining. That should be enough but once we are on the 'toe' of Italy I shall reduce the Royal Navy's involvement.
19 Dec 1938: I've halted the 54th Division because it's Italian counterpart appears to be retreating after losing the battle. Research on Improved Machine Tools has been completed.
I move the North Atlantic Fleet to the Straits of Messina so that the two Battleships can give heavy artillery support to the upcoming crossing.
21 Dec 1938: The Focus Fortify Malta has finished and the Tank Destroyer Valiant is now available.
I choose to research Advanced Machine Tools and 1936 Submarine Hull next.
I select Royal Ordnance Factories as my next Focus. That'll give us 6 Military Factories.
My current Research and the French have advanced to the gates of Rome.
23 Dec 1938: We have crossed the Straits of Messina while other divisions clear Sicily of Italian troops.
23 Dec 1938: The Italians are counterattacking but our forces are defending well and are not giving up captured ground.
24 Dec 1938: Italy is now 54% towards capitulation but I now see that we have defeat Hungary too for the Pact of Rome to surrender.
28 Dec 1938: We now have 7 divisions on the mainland Italy and we are on the attack.
The Italians in East Africa are fighting their last battle.
The Italians can only spare two divisions to counter our offensive.
We can show great progress on all fronts but Hungary poses a further hurdle to overcome.

Comments