Allies - Germany Goes to War and Stanley Baldwin Resigns - 31 May to 10 Aug 1937

18 May 1937: Germany declares war on the Soviet Union! That is quite a trick. The only way I can imagine how is if Germany has completed the Focus Anti-Comintern Pact they could have moved on to War with the Soviet Union. But why? What bonus could they receive?
It's for real, guys.
Germany finished the Anti-Comintern Pact on 24 Feb 1937 and May is about 70 days later.
I've never considered this strategy so I'm at a loss.
31 May 1937: Another participant in the Spanish Civil War arrives on the scene....
....and the war descends into chaos.
What a confusing mess.
There are now 3 Spanish wars ongoing plus the German-Soviet War and the UK can't get involved in any of them.
Germany won't let me send a Military Attaché to take a look at the situation. Moreover they don't even have a common border with the Soviets. What am I missing here? Being at war allows a country to go to a War Economy and obtain a higher Conscription Law which gives you a lot more options. We'll see what happens.
I want to see what the USA has available but I need access to the their production for a production license.
01 Jun 1937: I cleared that hurdle but they don't allow me to produce any their of new stuff. Actually it's not any better than what I already have.
The RAF needs Pilot Exercising but I need to watch my Fuel levels.
09 Jun 1937: The Focus The Shadow Scheme has been completed.
Now that World Tension is greater than 10% I can select General Rearmament.
12 Jun 1937: The PM has resigned and Neville Chamberlain will seek a new Government.
I change the Conscription Law to Limited Conscription. That doubles the number of recruits drafted each month.
28 Jun 1937: Research has been completed on the QF 2-pounder Anti-Tank Gun.
I select Paratroopers I next.
29 Jun 1937. The technology for Interwar Artillery has completed research....
...and I choose Concentrated Industry II next.
My current Research projects. All are long-term projects.
04 Jul 1937: R.I.P. Amelia Earhart.
So Germany is at war and they have no other Axis members or candidates that I can think of except maybe Japan or Turkey.

Comments